[NCLUG] Cable Modem Refugees

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Wed Dec 5 14:31:28 MST 2001

Rob Gorman wrote:

> If you don't mind, I would like see what you wrote.  Maybe I could
> plagiarize.  I'm not above it :)

You know, I said to myself, "Maybe I should save a copy of this, just in
case..."  Then I said to myself, "Nahhh."

It was actually a pretty general note.  It said that I value being able
to locate my computer from anywhere, and that this change seriously
degrades the value of their service to me, and without change, I will
likely move to another service as soon as possible.

Y'know, it is DAMN difficult to vote with your pocketbook when nobody
else wants your money...  C'mon, Qwest -- I'd really like to give you
DSL money.  Really!  Or Sprint Broadband?  Could you, oh, I don't know,
maybe decide to continue building that service?  It looks really neat,
and I like neat.