[NCLUG] FYI: Cable modems back in Fort Collins!

Aaron D. Johnson adj at ccltd.com
Thu Dec 6 10:17:29 MST 2001

> > um, isn't that the range the modem uses when it isn't connected to
> > a parent?
>
> Doh, I guess you're right.  The cable modem is all the way across
> the house from me, and I hadn't actually looked at it until now.
> It's "online" light is dark...  Piece of crap...

For me, the no link light was new as of last night.  I had previously
still had solid lights on just nothing got more than one hop away.
Perhaps the DHCP offers just started happening due to firmware
upgrades on the modems having been done...

Anyway, I should get some mail from my machine as soon as it gets a
working connection again.  Will be sure to let the list know.

- Aaron