[NCLUG] FYI: Cable modems back in Fort Collins!

Matt Taggart matt at lackof.org
Sat Dec 8 14:12:44 MST 2001

Kirk Rheinlander writes...

> Neither DSL or Cable modems are available out off the Windsor exit off I25,
> and the $1,200 that CWX.net wants to get into the wireless game is a little
> steep, at least right now (sorry, John).

What are you complaining about? Its faster/cheaper than the only reasonable
alternative, ISDN.(IMHO POTS dialup is *not* an alternative.) Plus I think
$1200 is the top end and there's a reasonable market for used Aironet gear
meaning you can sell your gear if you leave the coop. I guess it depends on
your priorities in life, some people value bandwidth higher than others.

--
Matt Taggart
matt at lackof.org