[NCLUG] IP Masqing on the New and Improved AT&T

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Tue Dec 11 11:48:22 MST 2001

Benson Chow wrote:

> I'd like to put in my datapoint.
>
> I set up my linux box to do 1-ethernet NAT, and it works just the same on
> attbi as it was on @home...
>
> I had an issue before on the internal boxes, but it turned out I didn't
> change the namservers (whoops! :)

Mine is working just fine, as well.  But I should mention, we are using
our own caching nameserver.  Also, I had to go through the firewall and
masq rules with a red pen and modify any that had my old static address
wedged in them.

eg, check to make sure your ipchains or iptables aren't still hooked on
24-net.