[NCLUG] Re: LILO on fragile flies

Henc Bouwmeester hencbouwmeester at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 13 12:19:25 MST 2001

Sorry to come in on the end of this, but I have win98
on /dev/hdb which I can boot to from LILO on /dev/hda
using the following under the other label

map-drive=0x80
to=0x81
map-drive=0x81
to=0x80

This allows me to have Win98 think that /dev/hdb is C:
 I have been running into some problems with this
which may be unrelated.  I received a cd burner just a
few days ago and tried to install the software (Nero)
for it under windoze, to no avail.  This was before I
learned how to use cdrecord.  Everytime I tried it, I
would get a locked up computer!  After yelling some
curses at the forsaken OS, I got onto the web and
learned how to set everything up in RH 7.2.  Wow, easy
and slick!  Anyways, does this all seem to be related
to the LILO configuration?

Henc