[NCLUG] perl/programming question

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Feb 19 01:56:07 MST 2001

On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 09:33:47PM -0700, mike cullerton wrote:
>  sub page_out {
>    my $S = shift;
>    my %params = @_;
>
>so, does %params now contain %blocks?

My guess would be that %params contains all but the first element of
%blocks.  "shift" consumes one argument.  It could also be that $S
contains "%blocks", and "%params" is nothing though.  I never really
could understand how to pass an array to a function in Perl.

 "The phrase ``ship it!'' is one with long and deep resonances in my
 benighted and antiquated big-software-dept career." -- John Shipman, 1998