[NCLUG] Spy-ware and modem problems

Connie Seger equinelover at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 28 13:20:59 MST 2001

I have looked in every file I can think of and also done a find and cannot find any lock file. That probably would have been too easy. When I run Seyon I get multiple error messages. One of them is >>Error: ioctl-get: Input/output error
        >>Error: ioctl-set: Input/output error
        >>Error: Could not get control line status for device /dev/modem
        >>Error: Consistency error in baud rate
        Warning: invalid default BPS value: 9600
All of that is in the terminal window then two other windows pop up. One says - Unable to obtain modem status
 and the other -  Unable to read from the modem or tty
I have gone into settings on Seyon and made sure everything is set the same as kppp.
Yes, I am using kppp to get connected to my isp and I have no idea what dialer is being used. When I look up information on kppp it says "a dialer and front end to pppd".  As you can tell I'm struggling with this. Thanks again for your suggestions. What other information could I provide? I am hoping to make the meeting next tuesday.
Connie