[NCLUG] Wireless cards and Linux

Matt Taggart taggart at carmen.fc.hp.com
Mon Jan 8 21:32:57 MST 2001

Hi NCLUGers,

I'm thinking about setting up wireless at home and was wondering what other
people are doing and if they have any recommendations. I want 802.11b gear for
compatibility reasons so that rules out the Webgear cheap stuff. I need two
PCMCIA cards and an access point. I did some searching on pricewatch and found
that DLink has some cheap stuff. Does anybody know what the driver situation
is? I know someone did a generic driver a while back (
http://www.linux-wlan.com/ ? )but last I had heard it was out of date.

Basically I'm being lazy and wondering if anybody can make recommendations for
gear that works well with Linux.

Thanks,

--
Matt Taggart