[NCLUG] Wireless cards and Linux

Prescott Oelke panick at excite.com
Tue Jan 9 08:17:12 MST 2001

 Hi Matt,

 It ain't exactly cheap but Orinoco (formerly WaveLan) is what I use and I
have never had a single problem with any of it. They provide linux drivers
and they are compatible with the 802.11b standard. If you want to get it all
a little cheaper you can get the Orinoco PCMCIA cards and order up one of
Apple computer's airport base stations, of course you'll need to find a way
to set it up (ie. an airport savy Mac, I know of no other way).

Hope this is of some help,

Prescott Oelke