[NCLUG] domain registration

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jan 12 01:20:42 MST 2001

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 09:12:57AM -0700, Michael Dwyer wrote:
>easier.  They never answer the phone, rarely answer E-mail, but if you
>never need this, they are a reasonable choice.  The price is reasonable,

That's all fine and good that they don't answer their e-mail, except when
they have screwed up.  For some odd reason, they have the wrong IP address
for one of our name servers in their records.  On the plus side for anyone
who wants to make use of our DNS servers, the IP they list continues to
resolve names properly (we moved one server off to another location
for redundancy).  I can't imagine why they have that bad information
though.  Nobody else does, the InterNIC certainly doesn't...

NSI's e-mail interface can be convenient.  Almost as convenient as
having a perl API directly into their registration system like you get
if you sign up with OpenSRS.  ;-)

 Every solution breeds new problems.