[NCLUG] suggestions on building a box

Matt Rosing rosing at peakfive.com
Fri Jan 12 09:03:27 MST 2001

>>I'm looking at an Abit kt7 motherboard (athlon chip). From what I can
>
>It is a VIA chipset board (abit-usa.com).  I'm not fond of VIA's, personally.

Why? I read that they are better now than before but that's just one
opinion. I'm open for more.

I'm also not married to Abit or athlon. I'm looking for reliability and
bang for the buck. Suggestions?

>I do my own burn-in, using a specialized software package called
>"setiathome".  It seems to work pretty well.

:-)

>Final words, I again think this is the best way to go.  But step
>carefully.  There are a lot more on-motherboard features than there

Point well taken. I'm also trying to stay away from extra features
because I usually don't need them.

Matt