[NCLUG] suggestions on building a box

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Fri Jan 12 17:40:15 MST 2001

On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 11:02:37AM -0700, Michael Dwyer wrote:
>>I'm also not married to Abit or athlon. I'm looking for reliability and
>>bang for the buck. Suggestions?
>
>I can't give you any /viable/ suggestions.  I can only evangelize what I
>currently have.  I've been using the Soyo SY-6BA (soyotek.com) series.  Its

I've been pretty unhappy with ABit Celeron boards.  We have 3 or 4 of them
that sometimes just won't POST if there's a CD on the same interface as
a hard drive.  Not good.  We have one dead board that needs to be taken up
to wyoming and taught why it's best not to fail to flash it's BIOS when
at the tummy.com office.  ;-)

 Examine what is said, not who speaks.  (Arabian Proverb)