[NCLUG] Printer suggestions

Aaron D. Johnson adj at ccltd.com
Tue Jan 16 17:03:57 MST 2001

> Believe it or not, things work better from Windows.  However, I
> discourage my users from using Windows when possible (and they
> mainly print from Netscape mail in Linux).

Hmm.  I guess I assumed Windows problems due to the darkness control
complaints you mentioned.  Never seen anything on Linux that had a
knob for that.  There are a few more drivers that Ghostscript has for
various DeskJets.  You may want to try one of those instead.  "gs -h"
will list them.  But if the big complaint is the speed, a different
printer is probably in order.

Aaron
--
MTS, tummy.com, ltd.