[NCLUG] Wireless cards and Linux

Quent quent at pobox.com
Mon Jan 22 15:07:19 MST 2001

Here's some more info on hacking the Apple Airport Base station.
I've discovered that it's a nice, inexpensive piece of hardware.
It uses the orinoco (a.k.a wavelan) card.

For configuring without using a MacOS machine:

	http://gicl.mcs.drexel.edu/people/sevy//airport/

For increasing the encryption to 128 bits:

	http://gicl.mcs.drexel.edu/people/sevy//airport/128bit.html
	http://www.msrl.com/airport-gold/

Thanks John for pointing me towards the Airport base station.

Quent