[NCLUG] Terabyte Server Question

Faster-Laster jason at fasterlaster.com
Tue Jul 10 19:53:41 MDT 2001

I have some friends at vanderbilt univ. that work in the biomed dept.
They have been using xfs on some redhat machines with about 500 gig
worth of data for some time. They can't quit telling us how fast it is.

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 08:09:33PM -0600, Gary Rogers wrote:
> tradeoffs as to which kind of file system you use as well, but SGI's xfs was
> always smokin for me when I used it on IRIX machines, anyone out there have
> experience with it on a Linux platform?
>
> Gary Rogers

|Running Windows on an Athlon is like having a brand new Porsche but   |
|only be able to drive backwards with the handbrake on.                |