[NCLUG] /var/log/message to console...

S. Luke Jones luke at frii.com
Mon Jun 11 18:20:25 MDT 2001

I've got a window into which I "tail -f | logcolorise" the
contents of /var/log/messages. This works until the log gets
rotated, and then it silently fails. I can fix it with a
more complicated solution that periodically reopens the
file and cats that to logcolorise, but I'm wondering if
someone else has already done the work. I see a lot of
screenshots with message log screens, so presumably other
people are working on this vexing problem.

--
Luke Jones = luke/vortex/frii/fullstop/com