[NCLUG] Build a Linux kernel for a 486 machine.

M Butcher mbutcher at aleph-null.tv
Thu Jun 21 12:58:31 MDT 2001

Yes, it's possible. You might want to check out the Linux Router Project:
http://www.linuxrouter.org

You can build and transfer the kernel (they're usually small enough to put on
a floppy) as long as your compiler builds for the right architecture (i386,
i486, etc.). The Linux Bootdisk How-To might be helpful on walking through
some of the basics.

http://www.linuxdoc.org

Matt