[NCLUG] more than 7 email ids with @Home?

Benson Chow blc at q.dyndns.org
Thu Mar 1 14:09:57 MST 2001

I ended up getting USWorst/Qwest, not because of anything particular
except cost.  $18+$40=$48/mo.  The only thing I dislike is that it's
dynamic IP.  There are other static ip providers though for a bit
more (I heard FRII at 25/mo) - However, there are no rules on this service
(except: spam and hacking pretty much).  No restrictions on bandwidth (I
can flood my connection 24/7 and nobody would bother me or charge me
more) and no firewalls minus the fact that I have to use NAT with my
cisco 675 router.  No cares for servers whatsoever (I run smtp, httpd,
ftp, sshd, amongst other things.)

But again, dynamic IP definately is the downpoint.  I think I've worked
around everything that I need and found having the router there to be
actually quite beneficial (my server can go down, and I still can get in
and redirect the requests to another working machine, and only have 1
public ip address).

But I might be crazy too...

-bc