[NCLUG] modem problems

Mark Fassler fassler at monkeysoft.net
Thu Mar 1 18:15:50 MST 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 05:46:35PM -0700, Connie Seger} wrote:
> /dev/modem   is pointing to  ttys2   or com3 which is where I originally put
> the modem. Before this happened I had not made any changes that I was aware
> of.

I have a system that I put an ISA modem into.  I have COM1 and COM2 on
the motherboard, the modem is COM3 on IRQ 5.  (no PnP.  PnP bad.)

I have to run this command to make it work:

setserial /dev/ttyS2 irq 5

(I put this command into my own script, /etc/rc.d/rc.serial which I link
to /etc/rc.d/rc3.d/S98serial    This is, of course, a RedHat system.)

Perhaps this applies to your situation...

--
Mark Fassler
fassler at monkeysoft.net