[NCLUG] Fwd: Fw: Fw: Subject: Major virus warning

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Wed Mar 7 11:33:54 MST 2001

> Actually, there is a new virus going around that can be very destructive,
sent
> in an e-mail inviting readers to view pictures of a naked wife.
>
> The story is here:
>
>     http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2693088,00.html
>
> And Symantec's information on it is here:
>
>     http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.naked@mm.html

That nice, and all, but there are hundreds like this.  You can solve them
all
in one motion by just telling people "Don't run attachments, damnit!"

I just wish it would work...  We are doomed so long as people continue
to act like cattle, and Microsoft continues to furnish the tools to cause
havok.

I don't see either of those things changing any time soon. :(

(Well, that is, /we/ aren't doomed.  We're smarter than that!)