[NCLUG] dhcp and @home

Charles Clarke clarke at clarkecomputer.com
Fri Mar 16 11:03:50 MST 2001

I don't think they really care about it, but I found out that during the
install on an NT system it creates a VTruck#.ini (where # is 1 or higher)
file that is apparently sent to @home(according to the fellow who
installed my modem).

This file contains your MAC address along with information about your
browser(s), your drives, the size(including free space) of your hard
drives, your ethernet adapter, OS, ram, IRQs taken, and some network test
results.

Nosy folks!

At least they don't send it each time you connect!

charles