[NCLUG] AHA-2940UW disk size limit?

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Mon Mar 26 09:32:09 MST 2001

> Does anyone else use the Adaptec AHA-2940UW controller?
> I'm looking at buying a new scsi disk drive, and I seem to
> recall reading somewhere that there was a 20GB size limit,
> but now I can't find a limit anywhere.
>
> Does anyone know if there's a disk or partition size limit
> for a scsi drive attached to an AHA-2940UW?

I used it in a number of boxes, but I never approached the
20GB size, I'm afraid.  I would personally doubt it, though.

Oh, and by the way, did you check the SCSI Card Bios --
the one you get to by pressing CTRL-A during boot or
something like that -- and turning on the BIOS part? I
think you need that to be able to boot from a SCSI drive.