[NCLUG] stumper...

John Baughman nclug_johnb at hotmail.com
Tue May 1 09:59:02 MDT 2001

Partition Magic is good for resizing your Windows partition, but for
creating Ext2 partitions should be left to the REAL Ext2 tools. I tried PM
once for that task and got NUMEROUS errors from RedHat 6.2 installer. Only
made that mistake once... fortunately it was a small one. Even Caldera only
uses it to move your Windows partition and create a boot manager install for
Windows. Must say something about Windows products and how they handle Linux
stuff... I have only found a few products that deal with Ext2 on a read only
basis that I like. At least I can "extract" from that partition to my
Windows partition from within Windows. I DON'T want Windows writing to my
Ext2 partition... EVER! If no one can create a good DOS or Windows
partitioning tool that will safely create an Ext2 disk, why would I want
someone writing to it while I am in Windows?

Good catch, Jeff!

-John Baughman