[NCLUG] OT: Racks? Any suggestions on Suppliers?

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Fri May 4 12:38:46 MDT 2001

	From: Michael Dwyer <mdwyer at sixthdimension.com>
	Sure, but be aware of shipping!

That is one of the leveling items in EBay, most bidders are
looking at the same shipping costs - and most people only
bid when the value of the item delivered (bid plus shipping)
makes sense. Most of the time the shipping is less than sales
tax on items over $70 compared to purchased from the store locally.
Sometimes you need to ship heavy/large times via truck, which
is pricy unless you take the time to find a local shipper with
an estabilished account - the Mail Mart guys next to 7-11 in North
loveland (31st St ???) can sometimes be helpful there.

It can be a huge plus at times too, if you are willing to take
a drive to pick it up. I got a great 21" SGI (Sony) monitor last
week for $71 plus a relaxing kickback drive to Colorado Springs
and Denver on a "Home Base" shopping trip for other bargins in
their liquidation to make the $15 in fuel costs insigificant
against the savings. I've picked up other similar deals combined
with vacation and business travel across the US over the last
couple years. So looking for large & heavy items out of Colo,
Wy, NE within 200 miles can be a edge in your bidding.

John