[NCLUG] OT: Racks? Any suggestions on Suppliers?

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Sat May 5 05:32:09 MDT 2001

On Fri, May 04, 2001 at 07:50:39AM -0600, S. Luke Jones wrote:
>The problem with Wintronic is the banker's hours they keep.
>Except that even banks don't keep banker's hours any more.

Yeah, I've been there many times when they've been closed.  Ugh...

Mostly I like Wintronic, but they kind of torqued me off a while ago.  I
needed some shelves for a 19" rack, and had been getting them from
Wintronic.  One day I went in and needed a few and they said they were out.
A couple of months later I went over and they still didn't have any.  Now I
*NEEDED* them.  They said they'd look around and get back to me on Monday.
Never heard back from them.

I ended up finding a supplier on the web that I've been pretty happy with.
milestek.com (or is it miles-tek.com).  Their rack frames are a little more
expensive than WinTronic, but they've always shipped promptly.  Mostly I
still go to Wintronic for cables and the Leviton termination stuff, though.
They also seem to have a pretty nice selection of SCSI cabling stuff there
now.

 The blood of the guitar was Chuck Berry Red.
                 -- Meatloaf