[NCLUG] Compaq and Ethernet Adapter

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Thu May 24 09:51:06 MDT 2001

> Hello, I am very new to LINUX,  I've noticed a few
> mentions of Compaq on the board and perhaps someone
> will be able to help me. I have a Compaq Presario 5724
> running on LINUX; My problem is my "Diamond Home PNA
> and Ethernet Based Adapter" - I can't find a driver.
> If anyone can offer any advice it would be much appreciated.

Oddly, a Google search finds this article from earlier this
year (Featuring S. Luke Jones):
http://nclug.org/pipermail/nclug/2001-February/000910.html

As of 5 March, this seems to still hold (Featuring Donald
Becker:
http://www.scyld.com/pipermail/tulip/2001-March/003221.html

This thread is interesting (Featuring Alan Cox):
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0101.1/0321.html