[NCLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installed again.

Les lestaw at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 2 02:35:25 MST 2001

Hi,
Just an update on my Mandrake experience. I couldn't
handle running linux on my slow old p133 computer so I
installed a new 40GB Hard-drive on my 700Mhz AMD
computer and moved all my Win98 stuff to that. Then I
loaded Mandrake8.1 on my 20.5GB drive and again it
went very smooth. The printer, X windows, and internet
connection through my cable modem all worked right
away. And it's so much more enjoyable on this faster
computer. I think I'm ready to get back full swing
into learning Linux again. My only complaint so far is
that I can't find xman on the system yet. Also I'm
trying to figure out how to re-order the boot loader
so it defaults to windows. My 9 year old would
appreciate that.
  I appreciate all the replies to my first message.

Les Watkinson