[NCLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installed again.

Kirk Rheinlander kirk at kpj2.com
Mon Nov 5 16:19:06 MST 2001

KDE 2.2 with it's fancy font rendering technology is standard, as are a
number of (b)leeding edge items. You can get most or all of these into
other distros, just not packaged right out of the chute that way. My 24k
dial-up line precludes downloading bunches of stuff in my lifetime.

I've heard that RH7.2 has a number of nice newer features applied, like
DHCP 3.0: the new version of DHCP supports both PXE and BOOTP booting right
out of the box! Running Linux Terminal Server Project (LTSP.ORG &
K12LTSP.ORG), DHSP3 is an improvement. Ximian GNOME is not included, the
"stock" RH7.n interface remains intact.

Kirk