[NCLUG] Dump Sendmail Queue?

Rich Young rich at RepublicOfTech.com
Thu Nov 8 17:56:51 MST 2001

Thanks for the recommendations -- I'll look into the mailman/sendmail idea.

We're still not sure why this happened to our majordomo setup, but it seems
like the
major's a little unpopular in these parts.  I'll admit, he's a pain some
times, and I
wouldn't be that disappointed to bid him adieu.  Thanks again,

--Rich
(in his role as general-purpose techie, ExperiencePlus -- xplus.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: nclug-admin at nclug.org [mailto:nclug-admin at nclug.org]On Behalf Of
quent at pobox.com
Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2001 5:25 PM
To: nclug at nclug.org
Subject: Re: [NCLUG] Dump Sendmail Queue?

Just another 2.5 cents worth: I've been using mailman with postfix and
had no problems with setting it up. I've also been using it quite a bit
on a sendmail based server with no problems.

That second, sendmail, system replaced a large pile of majordomo lists;
it's up to 89 lists right now. I had to write some throw-away scripts
to migrate the lists but the transition was easy. Mailman's newlist
command made it easy to script it. One of the best things was being able
to make people take ownership of their lists and get myself out of the
list administration business :)

	Quent