[NCLUG] fax/voice

rosing at peakfive.com rosing at peakfive.com
Fri Nov 9 13:55:05 MST 2001

Does anyone have experience using their linux box to handle fax and
voice calls from a single phone line?  I looked at hylafax and I'm not
sure it will do what I want.  What I need is:

  -receive fax and store electronically.
  -send fax from ascii or pdf or jpg files.
  -if an incoming call is not fax then send it to a phone answering
   machine (a software answering machine on the linux box would be great).
  -if I pick up the phone and it's a fax then the fax software will
   receive it normally.

I'd get one of the all in one boxes from office depot if it would
receive faxes to a file or send from a file.

Thanks,

Matt