[NCLUG] Fighting TigerMP

Michael Dwyer mdwyer at sixthdimension.com
Wed Nov 14 15:54:37 MST 2001

> > Yes, I've got crucial Ram, though people have been complaining about
> > that  RAM.  I've been hovering on just sending back the crucial memory
> > and  getting other memory.  So I figured I'd get a more powerfull PS,

Check out this tool: http://www.teresaudio.com/memtest86/

Its binary comes as a tiny boot image that you stick on a floppy.  I'm
getting a lot of good use out of it testing some memory.  It works
rather well, and it really must exercise that RAM -- I've never seen
SIMMs get that hot!

I'm not sure if it works correctly for RDRAM and the like, but it might
be worth trying...