[NCLUG] Re: ssh - very slow to initiate

DJ Eshelman dj at djeshelman.com
Fri Nov 16 12:15:04 MST 2001

Actually, I've never had a 'quick' connection with ssh, even with my
local box over a 100BaseTX  switch.  I just always assumed there was
nothing I could do about it.  It beats the alternative *shudder*: an
open Telnet port.

Oh, and personally I agree with the PH/UX - would have been much more
appropriate.  Yet I wonder what they'll do if the HP/Compaq merger goes
thru.  Will they start pushing Tru64?  Continue pushing RedHat on the
lower end servers?  You've got to wonder.  Especially in these times
when companies jump on board with Linux without knowing what they are
really doing.  But hey, who said there weren't casualties in a Revolution?
-DJ Eshelman