[NCLUG] RFC: Tuesday Night Hacking Club?

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Mon Nov 26 18:26:59 MST 2001

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 11:56:41AM -0700, john starkey wrote:
>I tried VMWare on a 333 AMD with 192 megs and it was slow.... really
>slow. Also very hard to work with *at times with very little resources
>available*. But it (the window Windows was in) locked up all the time
>so you had that genuine Windows feeling. :}

We've been running VMWare for access to quickbooks for a couple of years
now, and have been pretty happy with it.  I found that giving the GuestOS
64MB worked fine if I had 256MB of RAM.  This is on a Celeron 500...
256MB is the minimum I recommend for VMWare.  These days 256MB is pretty
cheap, though, so no reason not to.

 Today's robots are very primitive, capable of understanding only a few simple
 instructions such as 'go left', 'go right', and 'build car'.  -- John Sladek