[NCLUG] Sean's geek travels.

Matthew Wilcox willy at debian.org
Mon Oct 8 23:20:40 MDT 2001

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 10:56:40PM -0600, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> You can now start changing your bumper-stickers to read "Log out and
> drive"...  I'm working on combinations of speech or morse-code feedback,
> and some sort of single-hand entry system to make it so I can type and/or
> get data back from the computer without ever having to look away from the
> road.  Too bad the twiddlers aren't very good.

Hmm... do you remember a device called the Quinkey?  It had 6 buttons
which you chorded with your fingers to produce the 26 letters of the
alphabet, plus some punctuation.  (4 fingers can do 15 combinations,
then you select button A, B or neither with thumb giving 45 combos).

Searching google finds some stuff... including a link
which suggests someone may do something similar for the PC:
http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~len/boog/aghist.htm