[NCLUG] back ups

J. Paul Reed preed at sigkill.com
Fri Oct 12 02:24:07 MDT 2001

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, William Dan Terry wrote:

> I'm just curious what means people are employing for back-ups these days,
> particularly given how much disk space systems can have. I do keep data,
> like documents, in a separate dir tree.

I've started recording important documents on CDs.

I then send a set to my parent's house in case something happens to my
computer (fire, etc.).

Interestingly enough, they've started doing the same w/ ZIP disks (they
don't have as much info to archive as I do, and they don't have a CDRW
drive).

Later,
Paul