[NCLUG] ext3 versus ReiserFS?

Bryan Stillwell bryan at bokeoa.com
Wed Oct 24 13:35:33 MDT 2001

>The only downside to running reiser that I've come across so far is
>none of the rescue kits seem to grok reiser, so I always have to find
>a KRUD disk *and* an update floppy to boot off something other than my
>reiser partition.  Is there any way to obviate the need for the
>floppy?

I've found that creating a small ext2 root filesystem on another
partition comes in handy if you run into problems with your reiser
filesystem.  Just make sure the kernel on the ext2 filesystem supports
reiserfs and has the necessary reiserfs debug tools.  With the price of
large drives these days, I don't see this being a problem.

Bryan