[NCLUG] Planning for Install Fest and Demo Day, Saturday November 3rd

shaggydan dmiles at holly.ColoState.EDU
Thu Oct 25 08:59:31 MDT 2001

So, lemme get this streight: We all go to the university, we pay our
tuition and our student fees, we're an official club of CSU yet we have to
pay $25 for one lousey internet port?

I'm not opposed to contributing money for it if necessary but I really
think it's bad form for the University not to simply give us what costs
them next to nothing for one afternoon.

I spent a year in Greely at UNC and we had a president at that Univerity
called Hank Brown. Hank should never have had anything to do with
education because he tried to streamline the school and turn it into a
profit-making organization. However, the student council fought him and
they've now got him backed into such a corner that he can't even lift his
finger without wide spread student approval.

Anybody ever wondered what the ASCSU does for us? We certainly pay a few
fees for it but so far I've not seen the benifit and I think they should
be out there protecting us from this sort of (admitedly small-scale)
reeming. I think it's time we started going to those meetings because
student council can do a LOT to make the school more accountable and make
them treat the students better.

Most men do not sing, most men cannot sing, most men will not stay where
others are singing if it be continued more than two hours. Note that.
						--Mark Twain