[NCLUG] Mandrake 8.1 installed.

John Purser jmpurser2 at home.com
Mon Oct 29 10:17:34 MST 2001

In defense of Red Hat let me say I've installed 7.1 on a couple of Pentium
machines (166, 550) and it is a very slick install.  I was having trouble
with a hard drive at one point and repeatedly re-installed Windows 2000 and
Red Hat 7.1.  After a few cycles I think I proffered the Red Hat
installation process over Windows.

I'll add that a friend of mine also tried Mandrake and prefers it over all
others.

I'm currently a fan of Debian.

Aint choice grand?

John Purser