[NCLUG] Updated InstallFest todo list

paul hansen hansenp at CS.ColoState.EDU
Mon Oct 29 11:47:38 MST 2001

Kennan Blehm has the update that we have after the LUG of CSU meeting from
last week. I've asked him to post it or send it to Matt.

The Collegian advertising is being handled by Doug Howard. He was talking
about having an ad running on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.

I have a few guys committed to working installs for the full afternoon:

    Gabriel Somlo
    Mark Smith
    Vamsi Kambhampati

Are we presuming that those who are doing demos will also be doing
installs?  It would be nice to have as many install stations as
possible. Or are you saying by the category below of "Install
Stuff: staffing" that we are going to have only three install stations and
the "paul h" is the only one listed so far?

We have quite a lot of help for staffing the greeting table (registration
for installs and presenting equipment).  We plan on having each person
requesting an install to sign in. They have to sign an InstallFest Waiver,
and their equipment will be listed an put into an install queue. If they
request a specific distro they will be put into a queue for a person
specializing in that distro.

There are at least 6 CSU students coming in at 10 to help with setting up.

We have two guys bringing in CD burn stations for ISOs.

QUESTION: when the InstallFest was held at the Holiday Inn, how were the
expenses covered?  We are running into a few bills ($25 here, $25 there)
for things such as the network, newspaper advertising, CDs. Note, this is
a question from students who are living on tight budgets (if we were
working we would have $$ to donate to "the cause").

I tried to get Bob Rinker to bring his collection of alphas, but the drive
from Idaho was a bit far :-)

  --Paul