[NCLUG] mount: No medium found (sort of)

Daniel Herrington daniel.herrington at home.com
Mon Sep 10 13:55:07 MDT 2001

This sounds like the error I got trying to read a CD in my CDROM drive
that I wrote in my CD-RW drive.  Try a store-bought CD (if this wasn't
one).  If you still get errors, then you might try changing the order
of the two CD drives -- make the master the slave, and vice versa, by
setting the jumpers on the back of the drives accordingly.  Of course,
you'll have to change your "append" line for lilo accordingly, and
your link(s) for /dev/cdrom.

 > 	error: read failed: Input/output error (5)
 > 	error: (blah) cannot be installed

Regards,
  Daniel