[NCLUG] autoproxy internet

Matthew Wilcox willy at debian.org
Tue Sep 18 05:16:13 MDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 03:33:58AM -0600, Wayne Schneider wrote:
> I have to use an autoproxy server to access the internet at work.  In order get out in Windows I have to enter: http://autoproxy.wg.waii.com/internet in my IE connection settings.
>
> I want to use apt-get, but cannot get out in the "real world."  I am able to see other computers on the network.  Any suggestions?

apt honours the http_proxy variable, or you can use /etc/apt/apt.conf.  Mine
has:

Acquire::http::Proxy "http://web-proxy.fc.hp.com:80/";

I'm sure the auto proxy doesn't change very often, so you can just
download that file and have a look at it to see which web proxy to use.

By the way, can you wrap your text at 75 columns in the future?  It's hard
to read.