[NCLUG] NFS question

Mike Loseke mike at verinet.com
Thu Sep 27 13:23:26 MDT 2001

 I'd like to hear some first-hand experiences about people using the
"-soft" option when mounting NFS mounts. Man pages in Linux, Solaris and
HP-UX all discourage its use with no real reason. Opinionated Sun employees
call it evil. Have you ever seen any issues arise from its use? Ever solve
any problem with it? Ever lose any data with it?

--
                  | If a packet hits a pocket on a socket on a port,
   Mike Loseke    | and the bus is interrupted as a very last resort,
 mike at verinet.com | and the address of the memory makes your fd0 abort,