[NCLUG] Re: USB support

rosing at peakfive.com rosing at peakfive.com
Mon Apr 8 11:20:05 MDT 2002

Try looking at www.linux-usb.org/USB-guide/c122.html (how to get usb devices
working under linux). The module(s) needed depends somewhat on the
device on the bus.  They say you'll probably need usbcore.o as well as
one of usb-uhci.o, uhci.o or usb-ohci.o, and maybe more.  Nobody
really uses just usb. There are drviers that sit on top of usb core to
give more specific support, such as hid (human interface), scanner,
audio, printer, certain cameras, ...

We haven't gotten to this mess yet but will soon.  We're building a
usb device, so let me know if any of this works.

Matt