[NCLUG] AMD heat issues

Marcio Luis Teixeira marciot at holly.colostate.edu
Thu Aug 1 13:53:34 MDT 2002

On Thursday 01 August 2002 08:11 pm, Daniel Miles wrote:
> I just got a new AMD system and I'm kinda worried about heat. I know
> there is a thermomitor somewhere because the system bios reports
> heat-information (when I hit del as I boot there is an option to look at
> it) so does anybody know of any software that could show me that data
> while the system is loaded?

Hum... back in a place where I worked we had a good solution for
overheating systems. We had this bathroom exhaust fan (a standard
issue type you might find at home depot). On it was mounted a short
length of 2x4 that would overhang the back and allow us to hang it
off the top of an old SGI machine that liked to overheat.

Worked great and it moved a whole lot more air than those dinky
and overpriced 12V fans. Was a great conversation piece too...

Marcio Luis Teixeira