[NCLUG] way-cheap-workstation suggestions?

mbutcher mbutcher at aleph-null.tv
Sat Aug 3 11:01:17 MDT 2002

Wow. Sound's like a good deal.

I've been using several systems with VIA C3 processors, and haven't had any
problems at all. I'm running Gentoo Linux, and have the kernel compiled with
C3 optimizations.

I wouldn't call teh C3 a Celeron nock-off so much as a serious competitor for
National's Geode processors.

Though I've never really used it for desktop applications, I would imagine
that it should perform pretty will... it handles large compiles well.

Matt