[NCLUG] CLUE-North Inagural Meeting, 15 Aug

Crawford Rainwater crawford.rainwater at itec-co.com
Sun Aug 11 23:41:19 MDT 2002

For those Linux junkies that have not been able
to make it to the CLUE meetings in the DTC area,
CLUE now has a "North" group, with the first meeting
coming up this Thursday.  Details are as follows.
Plans are to have the CLUE-North meetings on the
third Thursdays of the month at this point and at
Regis University off of I-70 and Federal (address
below).

CLUE North Meeting Info
Inagural Meeting: 15 August 2002
Location:  Regis Dayton Memorial Library, Room 333
3333 Regis Boulevard, Denver, CO 80221-1099.

MAIN Session Topic: Linux on the IBM Mainframe? Dave Pitts (email:
dpitts at cozx.com) (7:00 pm)

Linux on the IBM Mainframe? What is this beast? Where did it come from?
I'll have answers to these questions and more. I'll also demo the RedHat
version running under the Herculesemulator.

However, there is much more to LDAP that still remains to be covered.
Match will cover programming with LDAP with C. Also, covered will be
some other tools that make use of LDAP.

Dave has been a software developer since 1973 and working with Linux
since 1995. In 1992 I began working on the i370 version of GCC which
became the basis of the current s390 version that begat Linux. The
i370 version still runs on OS/390.