Public Wireless (was: Re: [NCLUG] Data Through Cellular Technology?)

Sean Reifschneider jafo-nclug at tummy.com
Wed Aug 14 19:34:23 MDT 2002

On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 04:11:11PM -0600, Marcio Luis Teixeira wrote:
>keep my surfing confined to places where I have a jack. Gosh, I wish more
>people would start installing public 802.11b access points :)

I pushed it with the owner of Tailgate Tommy's when I spoke to him a few
days ago.  I sent the owner of The Wired Bean a couple of requests about it
last year as well, but never received a response.  You'd think they'd be
more interested in putting in public access points when it seems like the
can fairly easily bring in another grand or two worth of business...

Matt and Evelyn have been talking about starting up something to publicize
public APs to local businesses more, but other things have occupied them at
recent Hacking Society meetings.

 Come see the violence inherent in the system!
 Help!  Help!  I'm being repressed!  -- Monty Python and the Holy Grail