[NCLUG] Mesa Networks (broadband)

John L. Bass jbass at dmsd.com
Wed Aug 21 19:59:51 MDT 2002

I called a combined CWX Architecture and Board meeting last monday on this
topic and floated a trial rate structure for discussion mid week of which
Matt was CC'd because of his ongoing involvement in CWX. We met last Friday
for lunch and worked out the details, and the CWX Board formally approved
it yesterday by email. We notified our membership today about the reduced
rate structure (17-34% for most members), and updated our web site:

	http://www.cwx.net/service.html

If we grew by 50 members with the current cost structure we have today, there
is a good chance our rates would be better (maybe significantly) than what
Mesa is offering. As a non-profit cooperative, we do not need to provide a
return on investment profit to our stockholders, as the owners we take that
in reduced rates or better our service instead. Member owned, member operated
can have it's advantages.

For many rural locations we now have rates very price competitive with a
second POTS line (that only supports 24.4K baud) and normal ISP rates, and
a lot faster.

John Bass