[NCLUG] worm/virus going around

Daniel Herrington danielh at ftc.agilent.com
Wed Jan 16 15:00:11 MST 2002

Has anyone heard of a Windows-only virus going around that has the
following symptoms?

It comes in an email with two attachments:  one .PIF/.COM/.BAT/.EXE
and one .DOC.  If you "open" the first attachment, it says it cannot
be opened, then secretly finds a document on your hard drive and
emails it out to everyone in your Netscape address book.

I've tried searching on symantec's SARC database, but I can't seem to
find it.  There aren't any common text strings or script names to
search on;  only the file suffixes mentioned above.

Thanks for any help,
   Daniel