[NCLUG] KRUD 7.2 Boot Failure

Scott G. Brauer ScottBrauer at Compuserve.com
Thu Jan 24 15:40:41 MST 2002

Good day,

Background:
I was running RedHat 7.1 on a 100 Mhz Pentium-S.  I tried upgrading to 7.2
by installing packages I downloaded from RedHat.  When I rebooted after
updating packages, my system gets to LI and locks up.

I received the most recent version of KRUD and created a boot disk using
rawrite and boot.img.  The disk will boot the system to the options
screen.  When I select an option (i.e. linux rescue)  I receive the following:

Boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue.

This error message doesn't mean much to me.

Could anybody tell me what it means and how I might remedy my boot problem?